Saturday, May 22, 2010

Holding Out-

Recently I’ve had quite a few discussions about dating/marriage/ family and the like. Of course, I think about these types of things often. I just don’t typically blog about them. But I’m breaking out of my meek-little-blog mode and telling it like it is:
I have never dated.
I guess I hadn’t really realized how out of the ordinary that is until recently. (I don’t know if that’s a good type of naivety or bad.) Anyway, before you go painting a holier-than-thou picture in your head about me, I must confess, it’s not that I haven’t wanted to date. No, my perpetual state of singleness has been primarily because I haven’t had the opportunity to date.
While this truth was certainly a source of vexation for me in the past, I have learned to truly appreciate the fact I don’t have a scarred heart. I’m 20, I’m single, and I like it. Is that wrong!? Of course I go through little bouts of discontentedness (who doesn’t?), but in general I enjoy the knowledge that God knows the desires of my heart and I don’t have to bend over backwards to find myself a man!

If there is a man involved in God’s plan for my future, great! I’ll completely embrace it when it comes, but in the meantime I doubt you’ll find me pining-away. Nope! I’ll be out living my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment